“Austin Energy hopes their ADMS will help them achieve a number of energy efficiency, profitability and customer service goals by 2020, such as”:
- 35% renewable energy component in its energy mix
- The deployment of 200 Megawatts (MWs) of solar power, with half of that being installed on roof tops
- An 800 MW peak demand reduction
- Overall, customer satisfaction of 82% as measured by a variety of surveys
- Maintain reliability goals of System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) of 60 minutes and of System Average Interruption Frequency Index (SAIFI) of 0.8 interruptions
- All of these goals must be achieved while meeting affordability measures of no more than an average 2% rate increase per year and ensuring that the average residential bill is in the bottom 50% of the residential bills in Texas.
article by smart grid technology